Saturday, October 19, 2019

A Thought Before Bed

I have so many things to say.  I went to Kansas with Teresa and saw my cousins at TJ's wedding.  They all have a story.  There are too many to write about in the fifteen minutes I have right now before I crawl into bed.  I just finished the chocolate covered strawberries for tomorrow, and it's one a.m.  I'd like to tell you about Noel.  He's struggling with depression.  I'd mention Martha. She's a prophetess.  She's wants to do whatever God puts in her to do, and sometimes she's way out there and driving her family crazy, but her heart!  She is willing to die for God.  

I'd mention this house.  It fits us like a glove.  I never thought I'd feel this way about a house.  I never knew what it meant to have "a few nice things."  You can't have nice things if you don't know how to take good care of them.  It helped to get rid of everything I didn't really care about.

I want to tell you about the move to South Carolina and sending the kids to school for the first time after homeschooling all these years, and how I cried for the first month and felt like I had no purpose in life anymore but that now we feel called to really support this school and do something no one else is doing:  commit.

But what is sticking out to me the most right now is Mary and how she followed me around while we prayed the rosary. She had those little pink sunglasses on the top of her head and her purse over her arm, and she was "nursing" her baby just like I was and pacing and jiggling just like I was, just like she always is following Mommy and "helping" Mommy, doing whatever it is I do, like I'm the model for everything she wants to be.  I can tell her to take the wet clothes from the washer, put them in the dryer, and start the dryer, and at two years old, she can do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment