Monday, April 1, 2024

Letter to Isaac

Dear Isaac,

You were so funny.  I haven't been around you for a long time, but we were interns together at Northland, and you always made me smile.  You made me laugh.  You were delightful, a joy, and always very sweet.

I am so sorry you felt you needed to die.  I want you to know - as I'm sure you know now - you were special, not because you were gifted or "a great man" but because you were you.  There is only one of you and now you are gone.  Who can tell of your inestimable worth, the inestimable sanctity of your life?  I am so sad you won't be in this world anymore. It's a fresh shock every time I think of it. I am so sad. 

I have to confess to you I prayed for you so much last year, but the last few months, I forgot to pray for you.  I forgot to pray for you when you needed me the most.  I'm sorry.

God bless you, Isaac, and grant you peace. May you be wrapped in his mantle of love forever.

Your friend from awhile ago,
Mindy

(2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment