Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh, theatre, I miss you!

Oh, theatre, I miss you. I miss you! I wub you. I could pinch your wittle cheeks.

I saw a play tonight with an old theatre friend, at an old theatre I used to haunt. I enjoyed the show immensely. Afterward, we said hi to some of the actors, who, you know, as actors, have their frustrations here and there. I remember being tired from extra shows and technical rehearsals, too. From my vantage point, though, I see it's never perfect. The important thing is they gave a lot of enjoyment to a lot of people tonight, including me. I was so glad to be out of the house, for one thing, but also to be watching a play, and a good play, Shakespeare no less, and in that room! I played Dorine, Roxane, Iseult, Amanda, and Olivia there. It's my place, and I love it. Going to the theatre, especially there, is for me like seeing a friend across the room and remembering how very much I love and miss them. When we have a chance, we'll have to spend some time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment